Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shout! Make some noise!

I've just added a Shoutmix box to my blog. Earlier, I resisted adding a shoutbox to my blog because I thought the Blogger commenting system is sufficient to obtain feedback from readers like you. Response has been poor however with only one post receiving comments, although I'm sure that many people have seen/read more than one of my posts, so this is probably due to the clunky Blogger commenting system. I find it hard to continue writing without knowing the reaction from readers i.e. one way communication.

Other reasons why I don't favour a shoutbox:

  • Limited message length.
  • Older messages will be deleted if storage quota is reached.
  • It's easy to impersonate another person.

But since a shoutbox is much easier to use, doesn't require an account and facilitates off-topic discussion, I've finally added it to my blog. It's up to readers to choose between the Blogger commenting system or Shoutmix to get their voices heard. I would prefer if readers use the Blogger commenting system while responding to articles, so that any comments will remain permanently together with the article written.


P.S.: Be the first to leave a message in my shoutbox (it's sort of empty) to secure a place in the Polywj's Book of Records! Sold in major bookstores and retail outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment