Monday, December 8, 2008

End of the year, end of the semester

It's approaching the end of the year, but this year, it just doesn't feel like it. For the past 18 years, year end equals to long holidays and long holidays equal to year end. This year is different.


End of the Semester Rush

Although my semester finals are in January, this time is practically the end of the semester where classes end. Yet, mid-term examinations are still ongoing with me having Electricity & Magnetism and Moral Studies exams next week. This means that for some modules, we won't be learning much between these two exams. There is, however, Christmas break between them, before we face the 'ultimate' exam covering all the stuff we learned in this semester.

The end of the semester is also the time where assignments are due. I still have English, IT and Moral Studies assignments to complete, and I'm starting to wonder why do I have to do all these at the last minute. Well, I'm quite used to this kind of situations given my tendency to procrastinate, but I just hope that the current situation permits me to hand up my assignments on time without affecting my exams.


The Weather

Studying in a UK university is no fun without experiencing UK's weather. But in the University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, I'm glad to say that I'm experiencing it partially. Take a look at this week's weather forecast for Kajang (the nearest major town):


Source: AOL Weather

I couldn't find a website which offers weather for Semenyih, but I can assure you that the weather here is colder, though not as cold as in Nottingham, UK which is snowing. But then again, we have the equivalent of snow at the Malaysia campus:


IMG_4294

IMG_4298

IMG_4301
(Where did the faraway hills go? Compare it with the last photo in this post.)

Those photos were taken at 7 am two weeks ago. This place could be a resort if without the mounting pressure...

No comments:

Post a Comment