Friday, January 16, 2009

The REAL Cloud

The last time I tried to guess the identity of Cloud was an unmitigated disaster. Not only did I wrongfully implicated that person, but because of this our friendship was put to test. Luckily it all ended well. Since then all the leads that I had were exhausted, so I have nothing else to do except to stow away my CSI hat; it seems that Cloud is destined to remain anonymous until he decides to reveal his identity.

Not that I'm desperate to know his identity, but something happened this morning that made me want to put that hat on again. While browsing through blogs by fellow Nottingham University Foundation students, I stumbled upon a blog with the following URL: http://cloudcws.blogspot.com/. Now since the blog owner is the only person from Nottingham University Foundation using the pseudonym "Cloud", there is a high chance that the Cloud person commenting here is the same person as Cloud the blogger.

To prove this connection means finding out whether Cloud the blogger is someone I know (or rather, someone who knows me). The "cws" in his blog URL seems pretty much like the person's initials. As there are hundreds of students in Foundation, recalling someone's name based on his initials is a somewhat difficult task. Truly enough, CWS did not ring a bell to me. Still, there is an whole mine of information I can glean from his blog. I found out that he is [EDIT: Cloud has requested that his identity be preserved]. Case closed.


To Cloud a.k.a. CWS: Good job! I'm surprised that you managed to evade the radar screens of mine and others guessing your identity all this while...

P.S.: If I'm wrong again then I'm going to retire from this CSI business - permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment