Saturday, April 26, 2008

Where are my classmates?

For the past few days I was deliberating whether to go Form 6 or some private college/university. So I decided to do a survey on what my classmates are doing/planning to do after Form 5. Together with Jia Wei, I compiled a list of study choices and those who are currently pursuing/planning to pursue them. (For this purpose, I have included myself as one who is going Form 6.)

Here are the results of my survey:

Study Choices of 2007 SFI 5H Students After Form 5
Study Choice Names of Students Number
Form 6 (STPM)
Science: Chun Yian, Kin Wee, Jia Wei, Nicholas, Loo Han, Lem, Han Wei, Au Yong, Jordan, Heng, Soon Heng, Beng Choon, Teck Lee, Yeong Sheng
Arts: Eugene
15
A-Levels
Bhavik (KTJ), Ong Yi (KTJ), Kai Zong (Singapore), Philip (Singapore), Chi Lim (INTI), Jude (INTEC), Agil, Andrew
8
Programmes in Local Private Universities & Colleges (ex. A-Levels)
Hui Kit (Foundation in Engineering @ MMU), James (Foundation in Engineering @ MMU), Chia Cheng (Foundation in Engineering @ MMU), Khuan Yew (Foundation in Computing @ Taylor's), Isaac Chin (Foundation in Engineering @ Nottingham), Kee Weng (Foundation in Engineering @ Nottingham), Tzong Meng (Foundation in Science @ UCSI), Teng Quan (ADTP @ INTI), Alex (CAT @ Sunway), Han Seng (CAT @ Sunway), Wong (CAT @ Sunway), Wei Di (Foundation in Engineering @ UTP), Kalai (Foundation in Business @ Taylor's), Daniel, Amin, Manoj, Me (Foundation in Engineering @ Nottingham)
17
Foundation & Diploma Overseas
Isaac Pang (Australia), Jeng Yit (Australia), Hou Ket (Australia), Yang Xin (Russia), Boon Hock (Dip. in Mechanical Engineering @ Singapore)
5
Total
45



Form 6 (STPM)
33.33%
A-Levels
17.78%
Programmes in Local Private Universities & Colleges (ex. A-Levels)
37.78%
Foundation & Diploma Overseas
11.11%


The data above is based on the information that Jia Wei and I have in hand, so I cannot guarantee its accuracy. Also, some people might change their mind at the last minute to take a different study route.

Of course, I'll gladly update the data presented above to correct errors and reflect current changes. Those who would like to provide additional information (especially on our "missing" comrades whose study choices are unknown) can do so by posting a comment.


UPDATE (29/4/08): Chi Lim decided to take A-Levels instead of Form 6.

UPDATE (4/5/08): Latest news from Jordan and Teng Quan.

UPDATE (8/5/08): Heng is going Form 6.

UPDATE (12/5/08): Soon Heng is going Form 6, not A-Levels.

UPDATE (12/5/08): Removed Chia Cheng, Boon Hock, Beng Choon and Teck Lee from the "Unknown" category. There are no longer any "missing" comrades, thanks to Heng!

UPDATE (4/6/08): Major changes: Jude, Kalai, Wei Di, Yeong Sheng, Me

11 comments:

  1. hey!! didn't know you have a blog. thanks for linking me! and its much easier to leave a comment if you have a shoutmix box. and nice analysis. Really informative and easy to read. thanks!

    ~keep up the good work~

    ReplyDelete
  2. would be good if you could differentiate the courses people are taking under the "Programmes in Local Private Universities & Colleges" section. like for example i think khuan yew is already enrolled in a degree programme, but i don't think anybody else here is doing that.

    oh and also if you could show where everybody plans to study that would be good too. like a few of them doing a-levels - where?

    other than that, good work compiling the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >> Loo Han

    Thanks for being the first person to leave a comment on my blog! At the moment I'm not considering to put up a Shoutmix box, but I may do so in the future.


    >> Kai Zong

    I've updated and included some of your suggestions in my blog post, such as differentiating the courses people are taking and showing where everybody plans to study (if I have the knowledge of it because I originally intended to compare the numbers of people taking different study routes and thus didn't attempt to find out more then what was required to complete this survey).

    But I understand that you suggested this so that this blog post will be useful not only to me but also everyone. Therefore, I appeal to everybody who has pieces of information that this blog post lacks to post this information at the comment section here. I will update this blog post as soon as I notice any relevant information. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey weijian...i thought u are goin for MMU to study...why suddenly go form6??

    ReplyDelete
  5. >> Alex

    Actually I'm still not sure where to go yet for now, but it's most likely MMU. I'll update this post when I finally decide for sure where I'll be going. By the way, can you tell me the college you're going and the course you'll be taking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i m goin to sunway university college taking CAT course

    ReplyDelete
  7. soonheng is going form6....not A level

    ReplyDelete
  8. pls seperate those who go arts or science stream for the form6

    ReplyDelete
  9. >> Alex

    Quote: soonheng is going form6....not A level

    Thanks, I've updated my post.


    Quote: pls seperate those who go arts or science stream for the form6

    I'll find out which stream they will be taking when I go to High School tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. btw....hanseng and wong taking CAT at sunway

    ReplyDelete
  11. >> Alex

    Quote: btw....hanseng and wong taking CAT at sunway

    Added that bit of info. But I heard Wong will be attending Form 6 soon...

    ReplyDelete