Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My first laptop

This post is supposed to be about politics, but then out of the excitement of receiving my new laptop today, politics will have to wait (sorry Sonia).

I placed an order for a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop on Dell's website last Wednesday, because I need a laptop when I study in the University of Nottingham. Dell's unique ordering system allows buyers to easily customise their order to suit their personal needs. Once they received the customer's order, then only the ordered product is manufactured - just in time. So I was informed that from processing my order to having my laptop delivered takes about 1-2 weeks. Here is a summary of the technical specifications of the laptop I ordered, if you're interested:


Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo T7250
(2.0 Ghz)
RAM
2GB
LCD Screen
14.1"
HDD
160GB
Operating System
Windows Vista Home Basic


Compared to other manufactures, I find that the Dell Inspiron range offers one of best laptops in terms price-to-performance ratio in market. That means a lower price for a more powerful computer. Aesthetically speaking however, the Inspiron line of laptops are nothing special, unlike what you get with a Dell XPS or Sony Vaio. But I don't mind; it's the inside that counts.

Barely a week passed, and today I found the laptop delivered at my doorstep after school. Here I would like to share with you the excitement of getting a new laptop.


IMG_4189
The unopened box.


IMG_4190
Open sesame! I see the notebook bag.


IMG_4191
A smaller box labelled "INSPIRON". Is my laptop inside?


IMG_4194
No... but no doubt they are essential items.


IMG_4195
Another box made of polystyrene underneath.


IMG_4196
The main thing.


IMG_4198
The Espresso Brown exterior.


IMG_4199
Ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment